Recent Meta update
On Monday, October 3rd (National Techies Day), Meta shared some news at their press event in New York. Here are the 10 main takeaways in a form of a quick list:
- Reels are showing a more than 30% increase in engagement of Facebook and Instagram users (look here for more insights on Q2 earnings).
- Facebook is testing 4-10 second skippable ads playing after a reel. The reel will resume looping after this ad ends.
- Facebook is also testing image carousel ads for Reels: 2-10 horizontally scrollable ads shown on the bottom of Facebook Reels.
- “In a recent test of 31 advertisers, we found that Advantage+ Shopping Campaigns led to a 17% improvement in cost per acquisition and a 32% increase in return on ad spend”. Everyone should join Meta Advantage Suite
- New ads in Explore home and profile feed: the grid that people see when they first arrive on the Explore tab and in the profile feed.
- There will be a monetization opportunity for creators to earn from ads displayed in their profile feeds (starting with selected U.S. creators).
- Multi-advertiser ads show good performance. The AI will be picking ads similar to the ones the user engaged with. “We've found that adding multi-advertiser contextual ads to existing Instagram feed ads campaigns outperformed running campaigns for the Purchase outcome compared to those that did not include multi-advertiser ads”.
- A free Coursera course on Metaverse will start on October 27th, but you can pre-enroll for it today.
- Meta has received accreditation from the Media Rating Council (MRC) for first-party reporting of 2-second viewable mobile in-app video impressions on Facebook and Instagram Video ads. “This accreditation validates that Meta’s measurement of viewable video impressions are compliant with industry standards, further underscoring our commitment to help advertisers better understand how their marketing helps grow their business”.
- Meta starts testing for a content-based inventory filter for Facebook Feed and Instagram Feed as well as the third-party verification solution for Facebook Feed. This is done in cooperation with Zefr and should be available in early 2023.